DoubleTree by Hilton Declares "Free Cookies For All" with Global Giveaways on Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, Friday, May 15
MCLEAN, Va. - This Friday, May 15, DoubleTree by Hilton will take National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day global with an international cookie blitz to surprise unsuspecting travelers with tens of thousands of the brand's iconic chocolate chip and walnut cookies - the same signature greeting that is offered to each guest at check-in at DoubleTree by Hilton hotels worldwide. Whether journeying by air or ground, DoubleTree by Hilton is setting out to give travelers a sweet ride in honor of the day, teaming up with some of the world's leading transportation partners, including Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental, to brighten travelers' days with free cookies at select airport locations in North America, the UK and Australia. Additionally, DoubleTree by Hilton invites anyone to walk into any of its more than 415 hotels around the world for a free cookie throughout the day - with or without a reservation.
"At DoubleTree by Hilton, we believe that no matter where you are or what you are doing, cookies have the power to make you smile. It's the reason we've welcomed guests with a warm chocolate chip cookie for more than 25 years," said John Greenleaf, global head, DoubleTree by Hilton. "Celebrating a fun, light-hearted holiday like Chocolate Chip Cookie Day is just another way we strive to surprise and delight travelers and make their journey sweeter. It's a natural extension of what we do each day at our hotels globally to deliver our award-winning service experience through special comforts, amenities and acts of kindness that are synonymous with our brand."
In addition to the global cookie giveaways, on Chocolate Chip Cookie Day DoubleTree by Hilton will launch its first ever "Cookie Bag Vote," inviting consumers to help select a brand-new packaging design for the world-famous cookie. DoubleTree by Hilton fans can visit www.facebook.com/DoubleTree through Thursday, May 21 to vote for one of three creative new looks. Voters will be entered for chances to win random prizes ranging from cookie tins to hotel stays. The winning design will be announced the following week, and DoubleTree by Hilton will start presenting guests with the freshly-packaged cookies at hotels beginning this summer.
The international celebration on May 15 continues DoubleTree by Hilton's global Cookie Care campaign, which launched last spring to celebrate the brand's milestone of handing out more than 300 million cookies at check-in worldwide. This year, as part of the campaign, DoubleTree by Hilton has spread Cookie Care by handing out thousands of free cookies during key travel moments and destinations, including Mardi Gras in New Orleans and SXSW in Austin.
2015 CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DAY ACTIVITIES
All day long, DoubleTree by Hilton will celebrate through:
- Free chocolate chip cookie giveaways to anyone walking into one of the brand's 415+ locations around the world - with or without a reservation;
- Tailored transportation partnerships to surprise travelers with thousands of free cookie giveaways, including:
- Virgin Atlantic check-in counters in San Francisco International Airport, Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport and London's Gatwick and Heathrow Airports
- Virgin Australia lounges in Sydney, Melbourne and Darwin Airports
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental counters located in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Denver International Airport, Orlando International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport and Chicago's O'Hare International Airport
- Cookie Care events marked by free cookie giveaways in several markets around the world, such as a surprise giveaway for airlines passengers arriving at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport;
- Inviting consumers to visit www.facebook.com/DoubleTree to vote for a brand-new packaging design for the world-famous cookie, and get entered to win random prizes through Friday, May 22;
- And surprising several lucky fans with special Cookie Care packages that include the brand's famous chocolate chip cookies! For a chance to win, fans can celebrate along throughout the day by using #CookieCare on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram (@DoubleTree).
+1 703 883 5346
For DoubleTree by Hilton
+1 404 879 9234
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,100 properties with nearly 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton is a fast-growing, global portfolio of more than 510 upscale hotels with more than 121,000 rooms across six continents. DoubleTree by Hilton prides itself on paying attention to the little details that have a big impact, from welcoming guests with its signature, warm DoubleTree Cookie to serving the communities around them. DoubleTree by Hilton hotels offer contemporary accommodations and full-service facilities, including restaurants and lounges, room service, health clubs, business centers and meeting and banquet space. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. To make reservations, travelers may visit www.doubletree.com. Connect with the DoubleTree by Hilton on facebook.com/doubletree, twitter.com/doubletree and instagram.com/doubletree. Learn about the latest brand news at news.doubletree.com.