Welcome Fall Foliage by Visiting New DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels
MCLEAN, Va. - Travelers who wait all year to enjoy beautiful landscapes painted with a diverse color palette of leaves have two new destinations to consider this fall from Hilton's (NYSE: HLT) 14 market-leading brands.
DoubleTree by Hilton is bringing its globally recognized signature warm DoubleTree Cookie welcome to two new destinations: Utica, New York and Harrisonburg, Virginia. With each hotel touting easy access to major colleges and universities - as well as numerous outdoor activities, shopping and dining destinations - both communities provide charming backdrops for a memorable trip.
A Warm and Contemporary Oasis
- Newly debuted in July 2017, DoubleTree by Hilton Harrisonburg boasts contemporary décor designed to combine the natural textures and tones of its beautiful surroundings. Plan your itinerary in the comfort of your own room with complimentary Wi-Fi, a spacious work desk and a sleek, ergonomic chair. Other hotel highlights include a heated indoor pool, 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness center located in the Blue Ridge Atrium, flexible meeting space and Connections Restaurant & Bar, which offers a variety of handcrafted cocktails and regional favorites.
Located in the heart of Virginia's beautiful Shenandoah Valley with easy access to James Madison University, Eastern Mennonite University and Bridgewater College, the hotel is minutes from a variety of leisure activities that include:
- Harrisonburg's walkable and bikeable downtown district - complete with live music, art, history shopping and dining.
- More than 20 locally owned shops at the Shenandoah Heritage Market that feature everything from home-style canned goods to quilted fabrics.
- Dining and wine tasting at Blue Stone Vineyards, including the Toast of the Weekend Concert Series, which runs through the end of September.
- Cascading waterfalls, vistas and numerous hiking trails through more than 200,000 acres of serene protected land at Shenandoah National Park.
- The family-owned White Oak Lavender Farm featuring sprawling mountain views with flower buds available for picking during the fall bloom season.
Vintage, Old World Charm Meets Modern
- DoubleTree by Hilton Utica, which recently received a multimillion-dollar renovation, has design features that keep today's modern traveler in mind while staying true to its vintage roots dating back to 1912. Features of this historic downtown hotel include two on-site restaurants and lounges, more than 6,600 square feet of event space that can accommodate up to 300 guests and a state-of-the-art 24-hour fitness center. Additionally, select rooms come equipped with Five Feet to FitnessTM, a revolutionary room category that allows guests to pursue fitness and wellbeing in the privacy of their own room with over 11 different fitness equipment and accessory options.
Located near Utica College and the North-South Arterial, the hotel is within walking distance of well-known restaurants, coffee shops and taverns as well as the Stanley Theatre, the Utica Children's Museum and Utica Memorial Auditorium. Other neighboring attractions perfect for a getaway include:
- F.X. Matt Brewing Co. - one of the oldest family beer brewers in the U.S.
- The renowned Munson Williams-Proctor Arts Institute - featuring everything from musical and film performances to world class art exhibitions and collections.
- Numerous golf courses and jogging paths.
- A variety of guided tours through the Adirondacks, which touts one of the longest fall foliage seasons in the country.
- Utica Zoo in the heart of the picturesque Roscoe Conkling Park, which includes a children's petting zoo and several endangered species.
Both hotels are part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton's 14 distinct hotel brands. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels save time and money and gain instant access to the benefits they care about most, such as an exclusive member discount, free Wi-Fi and a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay.
Media may access additional information on DoubleTree by Hilton Harrisonburg at news.doubletree.com/harrisonburg and for DoubleTree by Hilton Utica at news.doubletree.com/utica. For more news on DoubleTree by Hilton openings, visit news.doubletree.com.
For DoubleTree by Hilton
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,200 properties with more than 856,000 rooms, in 105 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton is a fast-growing, global portfolio of more than 510 upscale hotels with more than 121,000 rooms across six continents. DoubleTree by Hilton prides itself on paying attention to the little details that have a big impact, from welcoming guests with its signature, warm DoubleTree Cookie to serving the communities around them. DoubleTree by Hilton hotels offer contemporary accommodations and full-service facilities, including restaurants and lounges, room service, health clubs, business centers and meeting and banquet space. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. To make reservations, travelers may visit www.doubletree.com. Connect with the DoubleTree by Hilton on facebook.com/doubletree, twitter.com/doubletree and instagram.com/doubletree. Learn about the latest brand news at news.doubletree.com.